Friday, December 2, 2011

Someday I'll Stop Writing These Dreadful Songs

The Canadian Tenors Moose Wearing My Writing Hat
But evidently that day isn't today.

Sorry my friends it seems to be an itch that I have to scratch. I will grow out of it. Really I will. It's just some weird delayed adolescence thing where I must write out my feelings. Even if I was feeling them twenty years ago. Please hang in here with me, we will get through this and I will start writing like an adult again sometime soon.

Someday by Carolynne Ciceri

Because I knew your favourite kind of chocolate
Because I knew the right thing to say
Because I knew when to hold you tight
Because I knew when to walk away

You love me more than you know
You love me more than you can say
This lifetime, or maybe the next, we’ll be together, someday

Everyone is happy to give an opinion
Everyone is happy to have their say
Everyone can be wrong you know
Everyone doesn’t get to choose our way

You love me more than you know
You love me more than you can say
This lifetime, or maybe the next, we’ll be together, someday

For now it is our secret
For now on different roads we walk
For now all we can do together
Is steal a few moments of sweet talk

And what if it’s all untrue
What if it’s all in my head
That doesn’t make it any less real
It just makes it my beautiful dream instead



Jeepers. Okay. That whole different roads, sweet talk thing - yikes. Maybe a jealous fellow writer put a curse on me? Could happen. Fine. I will keep working on it. Because that's what we writers do. We re-write.

No comments:

Post a Comment