Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ohhhh, Followers...

And suddenly. There are followers. Okay no pressure to be entertaining now. Nooo. Especially since I believe my two, count 'em two, fans are themselves uncertain as to whether they read my posts for some insight into one artist's search for complete self expression, or for the more lascivious bits. Well, in truth I will strive not to disappoint on either account. (Frack I hate the possessive apostrophe - can't I just skip em and you guys can consider them as read)

I did have a rather amusing conversation with Sweet Potato today where I posited (your word for the day) that writing a book with a certain person (not The Producer mind) might be worth the 1000 hours without fiduciary recompense if he was willing to write into the contract 4 hours every Tuesday for a 6 month period wherein said person interacted with me in a manner completely to my specification. Oh, and the 50% of promised profits of course. I think I actually managed to shock poor Sweet Potato with that. Not to mention the co-worker who, micro-waving in the background attempted to ignore my thinly veiled attempts to incite outraged comment. That woman has some kinda self control people, because I was trying to provoke at least a muffed gasp.

Sigh. Not that I would ever propose such a clause. Not really. But a girl really does have to dream. Other wise the round of meetings that go no where and daily superficial conversations with people you don't give a rat's ass about and the hurt wondering why those you do give a rat's ass about can't be bothered to hit the reply button on the email even if just to type out a message shorter than a twitter post. Sigh. That isn't a complaint. No complaints here. I won 48,000 fake dollars on one Texas Holdem hand the other day - 4 Kings - after a hand like that kids you say "thank you" play one token conciliatory hand then WALK AWAY.
Frack, I guess now I have to look up how to spell conciliatory. Oh, look, I just did. Thank you.

And so much to be thankful for. For all those that didn't reply, I did make the top of two very important peoples call list. Having dinner with the Empress tomorrow - so there is a demo of how by trying to do something nice for Wicked (which totally tanked) instead I get a nice opportunity for me. And having drinks with the long lost Master of 3D on Friday. Gosh how I've missed him. Talk about mis-matched friends - he as cool and reserved and taciturn as they come and me, well, me. I'm only cool when I'm really really mad. Not like I'm going to punch you mad, but in the I'm going to kill all of your family and make you watch kind of mad. Thinkin few of you have ever seen me that mad and those of you who have, whisper when you repeat the tale. Or blanch and excuse yourselves to the restroom to splash water on your face.

More to say on the topic of burning bridges, but that for another day. Sleepy now. Going to try and win another 100,000 fake money before bed. But here's a thought. The very few bridges I feel that I've burned I couldn't give a rat's ass about so I guess really if I think about it, those who've burnt their bridges with me likely lose zero sleep over that. And so humbled by understanding my insignificance in the eyes of a small handful of those I respect, and kind of awestruck that if they are so stupid as to under value my regard (see even when crushed my ego is like a memory foam matress) okay maybe they are right since I can't spell matress - I will sign off counting my fans and my blessings. I love you all and promise to fete you, each and every one every chance I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment