Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Courage and Alan Ball back on the bus

Courage. Not what I would consider my strong point really. Courage to overcome adversity, insult, being dumped by your fiancĂ© for someone stupider, shorter, less attractive and less educated (whoops! Where’d that little toad come from?) Of course she did not have my scintillating intellect which the vast majority of men are really not interested in waking up to day after day, year after year. That's what I tell myself people, gotta find some way to sleep at night. But I digress. Because this is my blog and I can so – Phhhthttt!

Anyhooo – what I am trying to do is work up to a retraction without it being an outright apology. Wish me luck with that. This all to do with my previous comments about the TV show True Blood and Alan Ball (exec prod) being off my bus based on a rather difficult episode of said TV show. Now I did not abandon, boycott or in any other way abandon my viewing of the show, this despite my previous assertion that I was going to give all future episodes a pass in support of my Line. Fortunately for me, I draw my line in the sand, which as we all know is a very mutable substance subject to the vagaries of whatever wind is blowing.

I have watched and enjoyed fully the two episodes following the one in question and fully enjoyed them. My writer’s mind supplying the reasoning is that is because they were both far superior to the icky episode in question. My scientist’s mind laughing all the while into my hand with a little cough, “Rat ionization! Rationalization!”

It is an admission I make with a touch of chagrin that I love Vampire Lore and I read it all and watch most of it too. Finally I am beginning to foment my own take on the mythology so look the hell out people, something wicked is definitely this way coming.

But I digress again. Okay fine. I’m sorry Alan Ball and the writer/producers of True Blood, though I still think you crossed the line with that episode I can now appreciate where you were going and choke on my early censure. Sort of. Cause taken in isolation I still don’t think I was wrong. It was over the line. But I respect that you’ve got to flirt with your line the same way that I’ve got to flirt with mine. And while I suppose in the scheme of the universe it matters little as I am to you-no-one and nothing;I do hope you appreciate how much even this half assed apology cost me. I hate being even a little wrong. Because I am never wrong. Well. About men maybe. Stories, never.

No comments:

Post a Comment