Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Am I really going to sleep late EVERY day?

Apparently the answer to that is “yes”. Eleven hours of mostly unconsciousness. With, I think three bathroom trips and a glass of milk, but can’t be sure. Shocking, I guess I needed it. Been thinking soooo many thoughts. Funny though you would think I would have written more of them down. Problem now is that I can’t decide what to write this blog about since I have too many potential hilarious topics lined up in the queue. Not really a queue exactly, more a mossy down spout clogged with leaves.

In a pretty good mood today after my Rip Van Winkling and so I should be, gonna be another perfect one with writing and reading and guitar and a friend and even some heavy housework with loud music (only time I ever crank it).

Hmmm, maybe the topic should be sleep and its importance to a writer’s process. But then that will get me thinking about naps and I haven’t even had one cup of coffee yet, let along breakfast and it is almost noon.

I am also relaxed and happy cause I got a nice email from Hoosie giving me absolution for not getting the feature treatment of the rom com to him yet. I am working on it and it is going well, just never ever goes as fast as you think it will. Unlike blog writing which, while it may offer up reportage of real events, is usually just a scene or two stitched together with the prose of the writer’s internal monologue. Screenwriting demands a different approach since you are both making stuff up and building a structure an listening to the characters and trying to ensure that where you are going is properly built on where you’ve been so you don’t lose anyone especially yourself. So that is my excuse for why fifteen minutes of blog writing produces, well this, and fifteen minutes of screen writing can some time produce no more than, “Elliot: Good morning. Ernesto: It’s not morning. Elliot: Well it is still a beautiful day. Ernesto: That is a matter of opinion.”

Now this is me realizing that I’ve broken the cardinal rule of character naming by having two guys with names that start with E, a rule that should only be broken for a comic reason for which currently I have none. So Ernesto needs a new name. Jorge? Orlando? Giancarlo? Nestor? Luigi? Luigi? Really you think? Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment