Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Just a thought or two before sleep.

 This girl is going to bed early. The subconscious needs to process a rather full day, week, month…yah, year.

I’m a bit stuck with my feature film outline.  I know what happens on page 45 and 60 but am drawing a blank on how to get everyone there. So I do what I do when I’m stuck. Any creative thing I can think of that might walk me sideways into a solution.  So the Canadian Tenors are giving me “What Child is This?” my all time favorite carol, and I am going to turn them off shortly and pick up the guitar and try and figure it out.

My guitar teacher is back. Oh, how I missed him.  I shook his hand and told him so too.  He composed the music for the Sci-Fi Fantasy mini-series “Alice” airing this week already on Showtime. So he took a bit of a break from teaching my slow-to-learn magnificence and made some cash-o-la. Now he is back, I did miss him.  I proclaimed him of Angel blood in previous blog and seeing him again and playing music with him, I stand by my earlier assertion.  Huh. I think he was a bit surprised at being happy to see me too.  But you know, I am a bit of an acquired taste, but once you acquire me…

My lullaby is playing now, Hallelujah which really is my cue to shut down, turn off and pick up the guitar.  So I will kiss you all good night and tackle my story problem tomorrow. Damned Romantic Comedy. I got tricked into writing it and now look at me, asking everyone I know how to recognize True Love. I’m starting to think it really is true, what Dara Marks says about the connection of writer to theme.  It is a question or thought seen very personally thru the lens of the writer.  Which would be me.  Who doesn’t really believe in Romantic Love other than as a sort of temporary glandular condition. Sigh. Okay. Tomorrow I promise to spend my blog time composing the ideal man. Jeepers. I could hardly type that sentence and if you could see my face you would be laughing at the sneer.

Did I already say G’night and G’bless? O well, I guess I have now. Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment