Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Scented Candle Wax & Potato Chip Crumbs

Okay, now I know for sure that the Fae are ticked with me. First was the incident of the disappeared guitar capo which I blamed on the House Elf. Hey Twitchie, my little man, where there is scented candle wax and potato chip crumbs there is fire pal. Then the broken guitar nail as the neophyte guitar player counts down to her first recording session. Now I've gone and lodged the "Rock of Truth" into my printer in a manner that can only be described as bizarre. The frackin' capo is still AWOL by the way, the nail is still broken and I haven't yet figured out the right tool to liberate the "Rock of Truth" without wrecking the printer - which is also out of ink on the eve of a script competition deadline. I've tried the extra heavy duty nail file, the pen and the stray knitting needle previously blessed by my friend Angela, goddess of the fibre and pottery arts, but no joy. Rats. I had high hopes for that knitting needle which is one of the few things I own that could be construed a holy artifact.


If I could be bothered to record a sound track for this post you'd be hearing Lady Antebellum in the background - some musicians and songwriters that I'm very impressed with by the way - and the sound of me snorting air into my nostrils and flame out of my nostrils in the foreground. Now maybe that is just from the chipolte chili mishap at lunch but I don't think so. I've ticked off some Major Minor Deity big time. Now will have to do all of the dishes, change the sheets and take a nine orange peel bath to re balance my chi. Not to mention scheduling an eco-terror attack on the UBC Botanical Garden to secure some hyssop, holly and rowan. Unless any of you has some fresh mistletoe or hair from a live wolf to offer up? Thought not. Somebody needs a hug. Oh, wait both the Cossack and IrishEyes emailed or FB'd in my direction in the last 24 hours. Heh. Maybe a girl should stop complaining. Yep. Okay, she will. But Twitchie, you'd better watch your back pal.

No comments:

Post a Comment