Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Things I am Reading

I am re-reading "The Geography of Bliss" by Eric Wiener for book club - it is my pick and i have to lead the discussion so therefore I feel obligated to re-read and remind myself why I am subjecting the E-litteratii to it. Interesting every single time any of us goes to spell the name of our book club the - E-litre-atti it gets a new treatment.

I am reading "This is your Brian on Music" by Daniel J. Levitin - given to me to read by my guitar teacher, surely one of the Nephilim - that's your word for the day, so look it up! For his genius and his patience. Still ever and always the highlight of my week the time I spend with him, and not in a creepy "I have a crush on him" kinda way, not that I don't or couldn't or whatever. The music is the thing people. And if you know me at all you know that a man with mastery of words, music or movement pretty much has my pure and unadulterated hero worship. Also men who are good at fishing and take out the garbage and recycling without being asked. But I digress. Because i can and because it is what I do and because it is Tuesday. Because of guitar the happiest day of the week next to Friday. I really should go to bed.

I am also reading "Anathem" by Neal Stephenson and dipping into "Writing the TV Drama Series" by Pamela Douglas. And finishing up the very racy "Venus and Adonis" by Bill Shakespeare.

Now are you wondering why I never married and never answer my phone? Didn't think so.

1 comment:

  1. I <3 booklists! Just finished “Web”, John Wyndham (thanks Coco – I’m still having nightmares) + “Catch A Falling Star”, Lee Murphy. In the middle of “The Bone People”, Kerie Hulme + the latest Adbuster’s of course ;) John Ruskin’s “On Art and Life” + “The Way of Life According to Lao Tzu” on deck in the Next pile.

    ReplyDelete