Thursday, March 25, 2010

What happened to the pickles at book club

Lesson learned. When Book Club turns into Wine Club mid-week, Thursday turns into an achievable goals day.

Pretty sure I’m not going to be able to put together cogent thoughts here today people. It is it is lunch hour and I should be writing script but after staring at the blinking cursor and feeling the eyelids droop I figured I’d switch to blogging as it can still be considered writing practice but if the story ends up being about cheese no-one really minds. Mind you an episode where my human/alien hybrid discovers the joy of cheese could be a lot of fun. Okay I will pop open my episodes list and make a note, hold on a sec.

Right, where was I – ah yes cheese. We had cheese at book club which was quite well received by all assembled. Perhaps the selection was too fine and that is why the wine went down a little more easily than usual. Or maybe it is my own personal decadent influence, as the peeps rarely indulge like that at book club. They often don’t even at wine club. Could be the influence of the purple velvet couch. Hmmm. It is a couch pretty damn high on the decadence scale.

Sure nice to have a place where your friends feel like hanging out though I must say. The concrete walls turned out to be important as it happened. Hey and our newest member celebrated her first anniversary with the E-litteratti and earned her blog nickname – Alien PM. I could explain, but frankly I’m too tired for one, and I’m not sure I exactly remember for two.

Several funny moments – first and foremost Po announcing that she liked the book we were ranting about (a previous disaster – current book is excellent) And hey, why is it that books we really like get 20 minutes of nodding agreement, and books we are split on keep on coming back to haunt and irritate and inspire Duder to fabulous fresh new rants. She is really the only person who’s rants are truly art since even if it is a topic on which you’ve heard numerous previous rants from her, she always comes up with a fresh new rant twist.

But back to Po announcing that she liked the accursed book but of course probably because she is the only member of the group who isn’t a writer. Which was super material for much mirth since Po was the only one in the room who is actually a PUBLISHED AUTHOR http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/35/search?sc=Paola+Opal&sf=Author
That is comedy folks. Powering thru the highlights were curing Squish’s plantar faceitis, Alien PM’s quite helpful advice on coping with annoying in-laws, Duder’s adventure in real-estate and watching the Fry/Laurie YouTube sketch “Your name, sir.” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNoS2BU6bbQ

Though I am never doing a vegetable plate again (seriously need a nap, just had to spell-check “vegetable”) Alien PM ate 3 pieces of broccoli and one cherry tomato and now I have enough vegetables to make stir fry for 12 vegans. Must go back to the day job but will finish with the fate of the pickles.

First no one ate any, second when I went to put them away I spilled all the cold pickle juice over my bare feet so had to wash my feet before bed. Didn’t do a good job though, my right pinkie toe is sticking to my shoe. Hey Alien PM, maybe a cure for someone’s foot odor issue?

No comments:

Post a Comment