Tuesday, February 2, 2010

And now I lay me down to sleep

I’m pretty certain that this post will be both brief and a bit dull. Though I did hear the Angels singing tonight while working out. Look out people, whole new obsession is born. Endorphins. Say after me, Endorphins.

I am tired. I am still battling the allergy thing. I did lots of good work. I wrote at lunch and the hour before guitar class. I thought too many thoughts today (as I am wont) but it was a great day. I played my show off piece for my guitar teacher tonight. For the first time I played GOOOD. It actually sounded really good. He was pleasantly surprised. I live to pleasantly surprise him. Harder then you might think as it involves, daily, me overcoming the resistance to the thought that I am not much of a musician. I can however dance. That I can do. So I set the fingers free to dance the steps and the sound comes out okay. Huh. Guess all that obsessive knitting and typing over the years has finally come in handy in a completely unexpected way.

Missed sharing Tuesday night yam fries with Sweet Potato though. Hope she is well and having fun on the island.

Talked with Hoosie way too late into the night but we just can't seem to shut up. Next time I'm setting the egg timer.

I almost tripped and fell I was in such a hurry to change and get to the gym. I get so stiff that I stagger to the water cooler all day, my eyes swell from some weird office allergen, but I am working out and I am writing and I am dreaming of glorious things, and beautiful men. And universe? At last count you owe me 22 memorable, juicy, amazing kisses from some really, really hot guys. That was the deal and you will pay.

1 comment:

  1. I also missed our yam fry date! - well, I didn't miss the yam fries...just my visit with you!
    When am I going to get to hear you play this guitar of yours???

    ReplyDelete