Friday, February 5, 2010

An Extra Gold Star Please!

So first attempt to workout may have been thwarted (how often do you get to use that word in a sentence?) But your girl refrained from the siren song of the Friday Martini, returned to the gym 30 minutes later and achieved a fine workout.

Now, briefly the second thing and then the loooong awaited martini.

My body feels weird. Now I know you all want me to say that it feels weird in a good way. But that wouldn't entirely be the truth. You see when you finally start paying attention and pushing the ole' bod. It really does'nt like it very much. So if you think it's been all sweetness and light and endorphins? No. Just no. Hardest thing I have ever done and tears from the pain and the despair always a blink or two away. This week the ankles are rebelling. And yesterday sucked wildly as I felt more than usually like a gorgon and despite 5 weeks of workout success and probably close to 20 pounds I felt hideously ugly and a useless lump of ogre dung. Today was better, not that it required much of a climb.

Today the reflection in the mirror and the fit of the clothes and the acuity of the mental function asserted the positive forward progress. And I did get to think "Jeepers, this much change in 5 weeks! What will 10 be like or 20 or 50?" We will see.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. Way to stick with it! I am very impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. But it is all your fucking fault, so you should be impressed. Crap. Now do I have to put the PG 18 warning back up?

    ReplyDelete