Thursday, February 11, 2010

Punked by Oprah and Celine Dion - The Canadian Tenors

Okay I watched the Oprah show about an hour ago and I am still laughing. The Canadian Tenors. Wow did you guys get got. I'm thinking your pal David Foster had somewhat to do with all that. Seriously you guys got Punked by Oprah and Celine Dion! Gonna live that down? Not any time soon.

Okay I just made an inadvertent quacking sort of snorting noise cause I'm trying not to laugh out loud. Which is stupid because I live alone in a top floor of a concrete building with 16 ft ceiling heights and I'm still worried about waking the neighbours with my mirth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tubL9EaiztM


Celine totally surprises them. Remi doesn't miss a note. She brings in a completely new vocal line and it is please play it again time. Yup. So great. So go away because I'm going to play it again and revel in a gorgeous moment for some young men who give us all so much and make me so proud. Like I had anything at all to do with it! Hah! I crack myself up. Anyway and much more importantly.

The Canadian Tenors are a hot ticket and doing a bunch of Olympic stuff but they will be back in Vancouver Sept 19th for a concert Voices for Bulembu, likely at the Chan Centre at UBC. It is their goal to be able to educate and support 2,000 AIDS orphans in Swaziland by 2020. Their last concert there raised a million dollars. Don't you want to be part of that kind of love? I do.

http://www.voicesforbulembu.com/


To see what happened last year. Check back here for the latest in venue and ticket info and I'll see you in September. Bring your love of music and your heart. Neither will be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment