Sunday, October 4, 2009

It was a rare and lovely day.

I feel like I want to say something. Something wonderful and amazing to reflect the energy and conversations and sunshine and good food that I enjoyed today. I should be asleep. But I don’t want to let this day go. It was work and play so intertwined that I neither require nor desire to separate them. Bye God I love stories. That sentence should have an exclamation point but since one of my fans recently sent me advice that claims only 3 exclamation points per 10,000 words is acceptable I am trying to cut back. I am. Am I really taking Elmore Leonard’s writing advice? I guess so. In the end I find that I have nothing more to say than it was a lovely and amazing day. Time very well spent and a new friendship to treasure. Or maybe three. MMMlsssgh. I don’t like that phrase “ a new friendship to treasure” it doesn’t in anyway reflect the intelligence and vitality and simpatico of the liaison. Humph. But that last sentence might come close. So let’s leave it there and I really will get some sleep. Expect great creative things very soon. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment