Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Random thoughts from life as an Artiste

Random thoughts from life as an Artiste.


I sucked the big one at guitar lesson today. Despite the highs and lows of the last 2 weeks I practiced every day. Every single day. And it was like I took 15 steps back! I SUCKED. The Maestro was as lovely as ever but I could sense his frustration with me. Part of my core skill set, the ability to sense and gauge the level of a man’s frustration. Well, in my defense the entire day was an exercise in trying to focus. When things happen to me I need a lot of alone time to process, and didn’t get that so the fact that my brain went to the Dragon Nebula and back every hour or so…I did actually manage to crank out some product and speak in full sentences to my co-workers upon topics on which they have keen interest.


I got a one line email from Sir Lancelot. Quite frankly surprised I got even that given all the thoughts that we each respectively need to think. About business kids. The business of being creative. About where the lines need to be. About the fact I can make him laugh at will and the fact that he can stay with me for hours. For hours people. How many young men of my experience can do that? Count ‘em on one hand that’s for sure. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment