Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Could Should Will Wont Might Mightent

At least 5 things I should be writing at this very moment. None of which (obviously) I am.  But I just wanted to think some thoughts all over the place and if I write them down and post them to my blog then at least is can be called “writing practice” instead of navel gazing.

I’ve never really understood women very well. I know I’ m not alone. All you guys out their going “Duh” at reading that. But I do try. Like this book that the E-litter-ati are trying to conquer for this month’s book club. Supposed to be a Steel Magnolias set in NY. Sigh. Maybe it is. All I know is I found myself wondering how you would get expelled from book club for making two crappy selections in a row. I fancy it would be like getting the “Black Spot” from the pirate crew in Treasure Island. (Best Book Ever in my opinion) Hmm. Maybe that should be a hint and I should change my next selections to Treasure Island and Princess Bride.

Speaking of pirates though, I think I may have just walked myself off the plank. Lil’Dude and I made a date to get matching tattoos. A gesture of abiding friendship. Thing is, I have no tattoos. And not cause I’m afraid of needles. In the main I am very very fond of sharp things. It’s the commitment. That I ain’t so good at. I am a bit concerned that I just pledged Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum to get a Jolly Roger tattooed on my ass, while stone cold sober. Well, maybe my ankle and not my ass, and a very small one at that. The size of which can be covered by a kiss. Or a large band-aid.

Still, what am I thinking? It is supposed to be a celebration of finally finding my voice. It scares the shit out of me which means I should do it, though perhaps twin tattoos of ravens on either shoulder might be more appropriate. Or a Raven sitting on a rock with the gaelic clan motto Creag an Fhitich – for the Raven and the Rock – which is the clan badge, not to confused with the family Crest which  has the latin motto per mar per terras – by land and by sea. Or the other way around. Neither gaelic nor latin declensions my strong suit.

Okay. All I do know I that I’m gonna run off now and eat something before I check in with Hoosie. He had a big photo shoot today for a magazine cover, I’m looking forward to hearing about his day as a super model.  Shout out too to Lil’ Dude for the props on the writing and the advice, and to Lady M for her cheerleading and simpatico.

1 comment:

  1. A tattoo!! How brave!! I like the ravens on the shoulder idea.
    BTW, thought about you in San Diego...listened to some GREAT classical guitar at a Mexican restaurant. Makes me really want to learn!...you know, in all my free time.

    ReplyDelete