Sunday, November 22, 2009

Who do love?


Okay must write something.  Tired. Long day. Fun.  Trying to keep both self and the Producer awake to a decent hour. Hard . He is on TO time and though could easily sleep 10 or 11 hours , don’t want him to have to be staring at the ceiling from 4 am on if we lights-out too early. 

Crazy script reading day. Gotta admire the Empress, she is one kinda firecracker assembling a really good professional cast to read her feature script. It was interesting. It went well. Lots of good notes for her on giving it a final tuneup.

Big giant bonuses for me abounded too in that not only did I get the shiny happy deep abiding joy of hugging a another couple Sister’s of the Pen, Delicious and Pixie,  but then got to drink, dine and plot with two very hot, and when I mean hot - I mean Caliente, Scotch Bonnet pepper hot-Actor/Producers. Not to mention my  newest Gorgeous Girlfriend – Bucky to all you unwashed. Gosh the life of a screenwriter is glamorous and interesting.  Really quite taken with the New Josh, I was impressed both in my easy to impress areas – yah, he’s cute – and in some of my more discerning impervious to bullshit areas. For those of you who know me, I can see the raised eyebrows.

While it is true that I love all humanity in a general warm fuzzy way, in that I would defend each and everyone of you from invading aliens, the ones I love best and deepest are neither those you see me fuss over in public, nor the ones with whom I have the most volume or consistency of interaction. That is perhaps the source of that tiny patch of sadness way back in my eyes.  You can catch a glimpse of it when the light is right.

What kind of party would that be if I could really and truly gather together all the people I love – the ones that make me sparkly shiny happy.  The ones that hug like nobody’s business. I think some would be deeply surprised to have made the guest list. Maybe be a bit puzzled. Some bit be a bit put out when they recognize others in the room, having had  no idea. Which elicits a slightly evil laugh – gotta say.

That is still something I can change maybe over the next 54 years.  Make sure that those that I love know it. So here I go.  Tell someone I love every day that I do in fact, love them.  One of my better ideas, don’t you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment