Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Goat Fuck

Yes. I said it. In conversation. To a co-worker. Whom I do not know well. At my day job. I said that the upcoming Olympics in terms of us trying to accomplish our time sensitive processes  was  going to be… I apologized immediately and tried to laugh it off, but man, it is certainly going to be “business unusual” as the PC folk around campus are trying to spin it.

A strange day in a strange week. I have to say a couple people I care for a lot have shocked me this week like it is kinda hard to shock me.  I’m not sure really what to do with some of this information. Some of I must go into the vault and get locked away, to be made public in the year 2113, fifty years after my death. Thing with me is, if you tell me it is secret, it is. If you do not tell me, it goes into a story somewhere, somehow. 

Kids, if people know more of your ‘secrets’ rather than less, they are in fact kinder to you. Yes, you’ve been hurt. But facing with world with the assumption that people are out to get you or put you down or prevent you from advancement because they know something about you that you aren’t proud of. Well, that is just a negative, sad way to go through the world. And I’ve not seen so many negative people prosper. And those that do, I still don’t want to be them. I want to be someone who laughs every day. Who is awed by some new knowledge of the universe. I even like people shocking me, cause it is nice to know it can still happen. Like still being able to blush.

I suppose I’m asking you to proceed under the assumption that most people are good. And in truth, I think they are, or want to be anyway. You just need to understand that in order for them to be true to you, you’ve got to give them every opportunity to succeed. Don’t back them into a corner on anything unless you absolutely must. Be sensitive to issues on which they don’t agree with you, and in friendship don’t take silence for assent.

Jeepers, when did this blog post turn into a chapter in self-help book?

Alright. Enough of the navel gazing. Must play more guitar and watch Stephen Fry on Craig Ferguson.

It was a useful day packed with interesting facts and personal revelation. That’s exhausting. I even managed to take out the garbage and recycling.  My hands are a bit stiff with so much guitar, but I crave playing almost as much as I crave potato chips.

More Shadows Gather coming very soon. I needed to examine and reassess. Which means I read back what I have written and laughed out loud several times, deeming it worth the effort of continuing, regardless of the wants or needs of others. The Muse must be served, and write now he is whispering in my ear.

So good night gentle reader.  If I love you, I do, if I do not, forgive me, for in the beginning and in the end, I belong to the voice that whispers of shadows and moonlight and green leaves in the breeze and the sigh of waves upon the strand.

No comments:

Post a Comment