Saturday, November 28, 2009

Yah, so I'm a Story Lunatic, so sue me.


Further to yesterday’s blog, I feel it is important to point out that the reason that I was a bit put out with The Producer was a strange and stupid reason and was only a big frackin deal because I’m a Writer. So I’m not going to detail the brou-ha-ha except to say that I was pissed because I have been noodling around this idea that we have in development and in one (or six) of those collective unconscious things, I have included massively pertinent details of his life and upbringing that for some reason he had hitherto not identified.  So I freaked out at him.  You see when I tell him where the story is going and what is happening in my head, he listens.  He listens as deeply and completely as anyone that I have ever met. He thinks, he nods that special Hoosie nod that comes from the shoulders, and I think “Okay, he heard me, he is smart enough not to say “no” yet to anything and he is still in the room, so it’s all good.” 

So when the details arrived after the signing of the contract and broaching of the bottle of Champagne, I felt strangely betrayed.  Which really is funny. First time I barked a man, not for paying attention to another woman, or picking me up 2 hours late, or for being unkind to a waiter, but because he didn’t share something that was pertinent to the Story I was crafting. And crafting for him thank you very much.

See I’m laughing right now as I type this.  An odd couple we are too be sure.  We have known each other for about five minutes and act like its been ten years.  Still a few surprises in store for both of us, Methinks.  I can hardly wait. Great, great week. Superlative friends. All kinds of new thoughts to think about the nature of love and so many stories I had to rent a mental storage locker for the overflow until I can get to them. Let’s hope that the next 54 years will be long enough to get to them all.

Journey safely Hoosie, I look forward to hugging you soon and making you laugh even sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment