Thursday, January 7, 2010

Feeling the Burn

I am eating dinner out of my desk drawer again. That can’t be a good sign. Not quite as bad as it sounds, I make dinner, put it on a plate and open the desk drawer and balance the plate on the open drawer. I have a roll of paper towel and a box of tissues for accidents… Okay fine. It is as bad as it sounds.

On the plus side I have been to the gym 5 times in the last 8 days. And today was the first day I thought I actually might survive severe lactic acid poisoning. A sentence which makes no sense at all if you aren’t an athlete, and even less sense if you are a scientist because the latest is that the pain isn’t from lactic acid build up in the muscles – it’s from micro tears. Nice huh?

Now I need to bang my head against the keyboard for who knows how long tonight as I am the finalist in a big contract job writing a funny game for a big company. So. I must be funny. I must be funny almost right now. I must be funny and not think about whether I can get a leave from my day job or manage both at the same time or, or, or. Haven’t got the job offer yet Schmooopie.

Good day thou despite a rocky start self-esteem wise. Don’t know why entirely but was very crabby needy writer chick from time I hung up with Hoosie last night until further blows to writing ego this AM. Crawled out the abyss eventually. Wrote something good for work. And something funny for me and got an email from the Cossack. Yessiree. For those of you new to my adventures, or those of you who have forgotten this is one of the hottest guys that I’ve made laugh in years. Like smokin’. And if he only loves me for my funny? What the hell, it’s more than nothin’, ain’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment