Sunday, June 7, 2009

Quick and Dirty

This just a quick and dirty post as I should be at the CBC opening cocktail and instead had a panic attack at the crowds and ducked into the tiny little lounge near my room for some Dutch Courage and a snack.  Large woman can't be seen to eat at a cocktail party.  Sigh. Was that my Mother's voice? Besides, bartender Llyam (the old irish Liam) has mastered the Fear-of-Commitment. Calamari was awesome with capers and lemon and those tiny little olives - much more authentic Italy than last night's  Carabonara log.  Seem to be having some trouble hitting my stride here kids. I introduced myself to two table mates just before the opening keynote (both women) and if you can picture lead ballon with puzzled embarassed looks  - they both shook my hand - fairly gently, but looked mortified like they might catch something - and then sooo Canadian - didn't laugh at my "Sharkbite" comment likely fearful that I was actually serious.  Okay Shaw blah blah fund, whomever they work for - not gonna have me on their "must work with list" Maybe next year I'll hire Buttercup and Leading Man to come with as my entourage. Hey free luxury time in Banff - producers everywhere - and actor's wet dream, not?
Okay. Enough avoidance. Will sign bill. Will pitstop in room to dump laptop and stagger to the next building. will take glass of beer and find a wall to prop up. trying to look f***able. (that was the dirty part)

No comments:

Post a Comment