Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's Lost Hour in Montreal

For the most part I don’t much like being sober, awake and alone at 3 a.m. Yet I do find myself here time and again, meeting all three criteria. Of course after a lazy day in a luxury suite in a Montreal hotel I’m not actually crying a river over it. Given that I don’t have to set my alarm and get up for work tomorrow it does turn into a good time for writing. Lost Hour, here I am again, what shall we find here, still so far from dawn? The things I could write, should write are fourfold. I have interview questions to answer for a profile piece on me to promote the Canadian Short Screenplay Competition. I have a series proposal to tart up for submission along with the cheerful and persuasive cover emails. Then there is the short film script at about 1/3 complete. Finally the sample episode of the original TV series that has a broken story and first draft beat sheet but needs some great focus and much key banging to move it along.

The desk in this suite is ideal for me -- tall enough for optimal laptop support, and it faces the window which is by far my favorite writing configuration; one which my current abode sadly lacks. There is me living dangerously with the semi colon usage again. Been a lot of that kind of thing lately. All Coco all the time kind of thinking which has been both tons of fun and very powerful in terms of attracting some very cool and groovy people my way in the last six weeks or so. Must be very aware of the temptation to go dark side with the power rush though. Just because I want to, and I can, doesn’t mean I should. That is what writing is for; keeping me out of jail, the emergency room and the headlines by channeling the dark impulses into something useful, well something saleable anyway. I’ve gotta break the double space at the beginning of a sentence thing though. Maybe I should take a second to find the setting in Word that polices that up for me. Seems a bit lazy, but hey I have other writing issues to mull over, like my erratic use of Oxford commas, and the aforementioned semi-colon conundrum. Not to mention the fact that I am wandering about here in blog land instead of choosing one of those hot stove writing tasks.

Gee, look, Lost Hour is almost over, and there it is folks the mammoth yawn that signals the hour is past and bed is calling. Guess I’ll tackle all this writing stuff and the inner debate on the use and abuse of the weapon of mass distraction that is my wit multiplied by my intellect and raised to the power of ten by my beauty. Lol – I crack myself up – always good to have a laugh snort before sleep. Nighty nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment