Friday, June 5, 2009

This lil' lite o' mine...

I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine!
That is the theme song for the day.
Big shout out to Lil'Dude who talked me down off the ledge last night and reminded me that I've been planning this Banff thing for two years so the fact that total health and recovery from head cold was mandatory before getting in the car and sallying forth. That sentence didn't really make a whole lot of any kind of sense but whatever. I just need to pack up my Mac Air - remembering the power supply and mouse - take out the trash and head for the bodega to get some water and snacks for the road. Got Dave Matthews band, Jesse Cook and of course my boys - the Canadian Tenors - loaded on the iPhone, not to mention Lisey's Story by Steven King and a few yuks from Ricky Gervais. I will start out with my pal Duder's playlist though as it is custom cool for running or driving. I have 500 biz cards and 100 one sheets for Rain Girls thanks to Po!!!I printed 10 cvs late last night. Why is it that updating the CV is always such a deadly painful task? It seems to take fracking hours and hours fiddling with formatting and then you read it a billion times but never see the typo till you've already printed ten? Anyhoo - finished (at last) my last few Flash Forward thank yous for which the hand is NOT thanking me - but hey, gotta be the best way in the universe to start a road trip - rested, calm and full of thanks for the great people in my universe.

1 comment: