Monday, September 14, 2009

My On-Line Novel Experiment - Shadows Gather

Hey all - the previous post is a writing experiment. As I have recently discovered I'm holding my writing too tightly and over thinking it. So I am experimenting in letting go by writing one page of the novel "Shadows Gather" each day. That's it. Just one page. No more, even if I feel the urge. In one year I will have a complete novel. Be interesting to see if it is any way comprehensible! I expect it to be dreadful, but I really need some practice letting the story lead me, so here I go. Also by resisting the urge to write every thought out I am hoping to keep the spark of interest alive in me. So often by the time I sit down to write I feel like I'm watching a movie I've already seen 8 times and it becomes work. As a special treat you will get several postings at once since I began a few days ago - but then, one must return regularly to find out what hell happened. And given my melodramatic penchant for sex and the supernatural - well, just about anything could happen, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment