Saturday, September 26, 2009

See how easy it is?

So, due to lack of feedback of any kind from my faithful readers, I've been thinking of abandoning the writing of Shadows Gather. Which is kind odd because writing it has been the most fun I've had in ages at the keyboard. It feels very dangerous and exciting since I never know where it is all going. I didn't even know the nightclub's name was going to be Shadows Gather until it came out of my fingers. I just picked the name for the novel cause it is some thing I like to do, sit in the twilight with a glass of wine or a martini and just watch the shadows gather across the landscape, or city scape or sea scape, that last is my favorite. However it is taking up more brain real estate than it has any right to. I'm thinking I might contact one of the Dames at Sea workshop leaders and get a bit of writing coaching. Kind of therapy for my inner writer to try and figure out how to better focus on finishing the pieces that could actually pay for themselves and stop haring off every time a shiny new story catches my eye.
I did finally receive some positive feedback on the novel thing from the Earl of Scallion, who in fact possesses an opinion that is super important to me. It was only a one line email "Enjoying the novel..." and it was signed with "Butterfly kisses". So Shadows Gather will live another day. See how easy it is to give encouragement to an artist and how easy it is for that artist to wander away from something that might be something? Maybe just a thought for all you folks to think about a small word of encouragement. Don't take for granted that the favorite artist in your life knows your high opinion of their work. It's like saying "I love you." - once is never enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment