Saturday, May 1, 2010

I think the Lynx guy is going to win it

Oh well, after a week of pushing the limits of my witty tweeting ability in an effort to win my pass to Banff 2010 TV Festival I think the guy with the personal grudge against the Lynx is gonna take the big prize. Not that I didn't have some fine moments. Really though it was an interesting writing competition/social media thing where the rule is simple - between this time and this time tweet about why you want to go to the upcoming Banff TV fest. Best tweet wins. The part i didn't expect is that since you can read everyone's entries that this interaction and commentary on other peoples posts starts to happen. It was actually kinda cool. And you had to choose whether or not you were up to engaging in the banter because as soon as you do, you can't really walk away clean until you are clearly on top or times up. It also told me of all the people who tweeted an entry, there are now two on my list to meet should we all get to Banff and honestly both are canadidates for my writer's room. Which, though I love you all, is going to be wicked hard for any one to get into since I'll only want to hire people who are funnier and sharper then me, not that a bunch of you aren't but most of you aren't in that very particular writer's room kinda way. Lookit me talking like I know how to build a writer's room. Well I will have to some day so in the same way that a future hydro engineer starts out with a bucket and a shovel in the backyard sand box, this is me figuring out how to build my future writer's room.

From this last crossing of swords I'll be looking up Lynx guy and the girl who bet on him who somehow managed to add in laser guns and ninja stars. It was fun people, thanks for the writing lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment