Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The sword is in the stone and act 4 still in my head

Wow. Ever noticed how bright and white the word processor page is at 4:30 a.m. Now I know I should have just rolled over and gone back to sleep, but instead here I am typing with my eyes closed I might add because I thought I had something profound to say about writing. Okay that’s better. Turned off the big monitor and now am typing in the dark with my eyes closed. Look out people. Talk about filters off. Who know what may come marching up out of my subconscious and through my fingers? I could also take an hour to spell check this piece after I finish it too.

Okay something profound about writing . Yes. That is why I am up in at a time that is not even the middle of the night, but a really don’t go their time of night sharing my trite little insights.

It was something about when the universe dishes out a lesson in humility you’d better listen because the universe isn’t kidding. Hmmmm sounded a lot more poetic 10 minute ago. Huh. Well I was supposed to write last night and didn’t. I went to the gym drank wine and watched Glee. Which was awesome and made me happy by the way. And I watched a preview of the Canadian Tenors PBS special on the internet which also made me happy. And my nieces sent a super cute photo of the two of them trying to pull the sword from the stone in Disney land . A time honored family tradition that they pursued just for me so that made me feel special. Hoosie called me on my use of Whatever though and bad me texted back before realizing it was 3 am in TO where he is currently at. Oh well not like he hasn’t texted me awake before with a chirpy script note. Still now i have to send a sorry for texting you in the middle of the night text. Next to your cell phone butt dialing the last person you spoke with when you are getting into a cab after a party, one of the dumbest annoying things you can do to someone.

Good thing they have those little raised bumps on the keyboard cause I’m still typing with my eyesd closed. And of course, nope, the profound writing insight is gone.

Though I think it had something to do with the fact that the first three acts of Rain Girls pilot are solid and only the last act to go and I know what happens mostly so the fact that I didn’t move my fingers over the keyboard doesn’t actually mean that I didn’t write. However I am wondering why the vast majority of my pilot script takes place in parking lots. Whose idea was that ? I am starting act four and they are sitting in the van in the third parking lot of the pilot . When did my story become about parking lots? Not that you won’t be surprised by what happens in the parking lots, because you will but still. It is making me wonder what has ever happened to me in parking lots that has made me condense them into this story. Hmmm Lets see. Never set out for a swim team field trip from one. Though yes a few rowing trips in college. Never been abducted by aliens from one though have made out with a few in one and never sat staring at neon motel room sign alongside the high school janitor in one. Have been dumped in. Did kiss my first boy in one I behind the school. Do find myself sitting in the car staring at the rain in moments of stress in one I suppose.

Any way I hope my readers will be gentle on me with the whole parking lot motif. Come to think of it I made the Empress put a parking lot scene into her feature script too for the big climactic fight scene. Parking lots are good for fight scenes. I bet you’ve had a fight in a parking lot, haven’t you? Or maybe more than one? I thought so.

Alright. Back to bed since promised major writer insight does not seem to be quite as on the tip of my brain as I thought. I'll try again tomorrow. Sorry I mean later. It is tomorrow. Did I mention Glee was awesome? So was the Canadian Tenors DVD PBS concert preview. David Foster and Sarah McLachlan are in it too. I pre-ordered the DVD. Not that I have DVD player.

No comments:

Post a Comment